S.M.R.C.C. aims to promote interest in all aspects of Amateur Radio as a hobby. Key features:-
- Our Morse practice sessions are for new operators who wish to develop their skills in CW operating. They start at 19:15 on Tuesday evenings just before the FM 'phone net. Frequency 3,553 kHz or thereabouts.
- Our weekly Thursday night face-to-face group meetings are currently suspended. Instead we gather on 2-metre FM close to 145.475 MHz. Listen for GX3UHF. Visitors are welcome to join the net.
- Normally we have a programme of weekly talks at a variety of technical levels. This will resume when possible.
- Weekly member nets run Sunday to Thursday to discuss the A to Z of technical issues using different bands and modes. Visitors welcome.
- Sunday HF SSB on 3,660 kHz at 08:15 and 3,637 kHz at 10:30 LT. Both run by GX2HW
- Monday at 20:00 LT our digital chatroom net using YSF GB-SRRCC
- Tuesday 19:15 our 80-metre Morse net near 3,553 kHz runs at 18 wpm.
- Tuesday 20:00 find us on or near 145.475 MHz FM.
- Wednesday at 20:00 find us on the 6-metre frequency of 51.530 MHz.
- Thursday at 20:00 LT is our main Club net on 2-metre FM run by GX3UHF near 145.475 MHz.
- Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced courses with access to our on-line training environment
- Morse proficiency classes. For e-mail practice files contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radio, computing and electronic experimentation
- Propagation studies - see www.rsgb.org.uk/psc
Membership costs just £30.00 per year.
To find out more drop into one of our meetings (location and time at bottom of this page) or join in one of our on-air nets—you will be assured of a warm welcome.
You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook:-
or visit our stand at one of the events below :-
But note that the Norbreck rally is cancelled for 2020 but Norbreck is booked for April 25th 2021.